You know you want dental coverage, but it can be hard to figure out which types of coverage you’ll need. These questions can help you narrow down your needs and find the right plan for you.
- Can you choose the dentist that you want? Will the plan allow for care by specialists?
- What are the total costs for the plan which include the premium, co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles?
- What is the annual maximum the plan will pay?
- Is there an out-of-pocket limit? If so, how much is it?
- What limitations does the plan place on pre-existing conditions?
- Does the plan cover braces? Are there limitations?
- Does the program provide for emergency treatment? Are there arrangements for emergency care away from home?
Talk to your dentist about which plans work best for you. Your dentist is familiar with your dental health history, so he or she can help you figure out which plans offer the coverage you need.