All content posted on this site is the responsibility of the party posting such content. Participation on this site by a party does not imply endorsement of any other party's content, products, or services. CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. See additional information in the MouthHealthy™ Copyright Statement.
The product information provided on this site is intended only for residents of the United States. Products identified on this site may have different product labeling and disclosure requirements in different countries.
The MouthHealthy™ website contains content from credible contributors who may have differing points of view. Certain contributors on the MouthHealthy site pay money or provide other value to the American Dental Association in exchange for placement and/or additional messaging within the MouthHealthy™ site.
The American Dental Association (ADA) has created and compiled the content on its MouthHealthy™ website for your information and use. This information is not intended to replace or modify the dental or medical advice of your dentist or physician. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific dental or medical condition. Please remember that the information and content on this website must be considered as an informational/educational service only and is not designed to replace a dentist’s or physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness of risks of a procedure or condition for a given patient.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe any content appearing on MouthHealthy™ may infringe your copyright please send a written notification via email or post to the ADA's Legal Division:
The American Dental Association
Attn: General Counsel, Legal Division
211 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60601
In order to be effective, the notice must substantially include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or alleged to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
We may give notice to our users and content contributors by means of a general notice or via electronic mail. If you receive such a notice concerning a copyright issue you may provide counter-notification in writing to the ADA Legal Division that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person..